Wednesday, October 13, 2010

source for the definition of LIFE

For my third essay I will be writing about the different definitions of life. For this essay I am going to compare life in the aspect of living. "Live life to the fullest" embraces the word life in a completely different way than merely stating that a new life was brought into this world. Life can also be looked at as the mere existence of a person, even if someone is on life support they are still 'living.' The book "Information, randomness & incompleteness: papers on algorithmic information theory" talks about a mathematical definition of life, merely growing and being. This book is relevant to the part of my argument that says life is merely something in this world, nothing to do with the quality of it. Although the book was published in 1987 it still works for my argument since most of the book is mere definition.

No comments:

Post a Comment